The casualties from the ongoing Israeli war in Lebanon have climbed to 12,543 since March 2, according to figures released by the Lebanese Health Ministry on May 22. The latest official dashboard reported 9,432 injuries and 3,111 deaths recorded nationwide.
The data showed that women and children accounted for a significant share of casualties, while the highest concentrations of deaths and injuries were reported in areas along the southern border and heavily populated regions exposed to repeated strikes.
Health officials said the conflict has placed enormous strain on Lebanon’s medical infrastructure. At least 16 hospitals have been damaged during the war, while three hospitals were forced to shut down operations due to destruction or security risks.
Emergency medical services have also come under sustained pressure. Authorities recorded 149 attacks affecting EMS operations, with 32 emergency medical centers damaged and 142 ambulances or rescue vehicles hit during the conflict.
The ministry said 123 healthcare workers and emergency responders had been killed since the fighting escalated, including 118 EMS personnel and five healthcare workers from hospitals and medical institutions. Another 273 were injured, among them 221 EMS workers and 52 healthcare staff members.
Charts released by the ministry showed sharp spikes in casualties during periods of intensified bombardment in April and May.
Officials warned that continued attacks on health facilities and rescue teams risk overwhelming Lebanon’s already fragile healthcare system. Medical authorities said hospitals in several regions are operating under severe shortages of staff, supplies and emergency capacity as displacement and casualty numbers continue to rise.
The Ministry of Public Health renewed calls for protection of medical workers and civilian infrastructure, saying emergency teams remain active despite growing risks on the ground.