Nobel Peace Prize laureate and Iranian human rights activist Narges Mohammadi was discharged from the CCU ward of Pars Hospital in Tehran and has returned home, the Narges Foundation said on Monday. The organisation stated that she will continue receiving treatment for her medical complications through regular hospital follow-up visits and daily outpatient physiotherapy sessions in the coming weeks.

According to specialist doctors, including cardiologists and neurologists, Mohammadi requires close medical monitoring, specialised therapeutic care, and adequate rest in a calm environment free from external stress for at least eight months before any significant improvement in her condition can be expected, the foundation said.

The foundation also urged the international community to continue supporting Mohammadi and called for an immediate and permanent suspension of all prison sentences against her, along with the unconditional withdrawal of all charges. It further demanded the immediate and unconditional release of all political prisoners, particularly women and mothers facing imprisonment or the threat of re-incarceration.

According to the foundation, Mohammadi was first admitted to the CCU ward of Mousavi Hospital in Zanjan from May 1 to May 10. Following the temporary suspension of her prison sentence, and 150 days after what the foundation described as her “brutal arrest” in Mashhad, northeastern Iran, she was transferred by ambulance to the CCU ward of Pars Hospital in Tehran, where she remained from May 10 to May 17, the foundation added.

Also Read: Imprisoned Iranian Journalist Narges Mohammadi Transferred to Tehran Hospital Amid International Concern (Previously Reported)

Harshraj Singh

Harshraj Singh is a journalist with over 15 years of experience, focusing on public interest and investigative journalism. He reports on international affairs, UN agencies, the...

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *