The cumulative casualties from the Israeli aggression on Lebanon since March 2 have climbed to 12,198 as of May 17.
The Ministry of Public Health of Lebanon said the overall toll from the Israeli war on Lebanon had risen to 2,988 martyrs and 9,210 wounded in an updated report issued by the ministry’s Emergency Operations Center covering the period through May 17.
According to the report, the continuing hostilities have placed mounting pressure on Lebanon’s healthcare sector, with 16 hospitals damaged and three hospitals forced to shut down.
The ministry stated that 147 attacks had targeted Emergency Medical Services (EMS), resulting in the deaths of 116 healthcare and emergency personnel and injuries to 263 others. Those killed included 111 EMS workers and five healthcare workers, while the injured included 218 EMS personnel and 45 healthcare workers.
The report further said that 31 EMS centers and 139 emergency response vehicles were damaged during the conflict.
The ministry added that 14 Emergency Medical Teams had been deployed across 21 hospitals, with 60 personnel registered and 36 personnel currently operating as part of emergency response efforts.